My first link up!

Oh, I am super giddy inside as I take another adventure deep into the blogosphere.  Pretty sure I'm actually only a bit past zero entry, but hey it's a start.  I'm not sure there is a chapter in my Blogging for Dummies book about linking up.  Luckily for me, these wonderful SLPs, offered a few tips on their post and well, "Here we go again, Ah! Leah!" (I'm busting into a little 80s retro music, lucky for you the sound is mute on your end, I didn't major in music for a reason).  So, picmonkey and I became close when I created our blog header and so, screen shot (had to google that) and then add text (actually had to add an overlay first to cover over the other text, still a lot to learn) and presto, here is my "Linky" (is that even the correct lingo).



BUYING:  Yes, my basement flooded...again.  Seven years ago, two months after we moved into our house, there was major flooding of our entire county.   Basically, a once in a 100 year flood or 7 years, as I have come to now learn.  So, after pulling carpet, padding, drywall, cabinets, and many damaged items from my basement, the home improvement store is reaping the benefits from the storm.  Only this time, we are not in it to just replace, we are in it to win it!  Mold prevention, waterproof sealer, cement board, tile, even sump pump back-up with PVC piping to expel the water from reaching our basement.


TRYING:  Well, I've been on an organizational kick and I have labeled just about everything in my house.  Obsessive!  With my organization concentration, I've also tried out meal planning.  I subscribed to 5dinners1hour, after learning about it over at I heart organizing (another minor major obsession).  I do not like to cook and I have no idea how.  Really, I had to google how to make hard boiled eggs, enough said.  So what happens here is that I receive monthly menus, five dinners each week, with a grocery list of items, and a prep list that takes 1 hour each week (all at once).  We went from a family of, "hey, what's for dinner?  I don't know." to a family that sits down to eat together 5 days of the week without any scrambling into the cupboards and coming up empty handed.  I hope to keep "trying" meal planning as back to school sets in.

SPEECHING:  (Indiana Jones music is now blasting in my head.)  You are here and I am so glad you made it, our blog!  Such an exciting adventure to start a blog and I am truly enjoying all the knowledge I have gained this summer from google searches, books, YouTube how to's, and the fabulous blogs I have been following.  I'm even learning how to create materials with technology, not the old trace and color method of my early speech years.  I'm loving it!

I am so grateful for this opportunity!  I first read Jenn's link up over at Crazy Speech World and then followed a link to All Y'All Need.  I really am in awe! 

Thank you!


21 comments

  1. Thanks for linking up! How great to find you - you sound so fun! I will have to check out the 5dinners1hour because more quick meals is a goal for me also. I'll rock out with 80s music with you, too! My family doesn't seem to appreciate like I do...


    All Y'all Need 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yipee! Our first real comment (the first was by my fellow Sparklle SLP and well even though she's grand your comment just sent me sky high)! Thanks so much. I sure hope you do check into the dinners, it's a busy mom's dream! I think it's genius. I look forward to reading more on your blog, now that I found you...and sharing retro tunes with you! I love the name of your blog and if I am correct, you are a Disney fan too! Another obsession here!

      Delete
    2. So glad the comment made you happy! Bright and happy people are the best! Especially ones who love 80s music and Disney, and I will talk about those any time!

      Delete
    3. Hi Laura Dee - love hearing from you! I haven't been to Disney since 1997, but will finally be taking my family next year - we can't wait! I will then be asking all of you for helpful hints in enjoying the parks!

      Delete
    4. We are going at Christmas. There are a lot of changes I'm not sure about yet. Magic+ seems to be finally rolling out. Maria from Communication Station had a post today, and I use www.easywdw.com. Josh is very current, but he's also very sarcastic (but not mean), so just a heads up.

      Delete
    5. Thanks for the links. I am a Disney addict, really, we have already gone 3 times this year and scheduled for 2 more. Let's just say I have many obsessions. Next year (and several after) I'll be saving for the next time I want to do a year of Disney! I have a very good friend that keeps me very up to date on Disney. Looking forward to those Magic Bands. I use my own spreadsheet to schedule all our events, but I have also been using MyDisneyExperience. It changes every day as they add updates. I think I will like many features!

      Delete
  2. UGH! Sorry to hear about your basement. Good luck with your blog and I can't wait to see what materials you create!

    PS: I'll rock out with both you ladies to 80's music any day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, good wishes, and 80s connection! Appreciate your time!

      Delete
  3. Hi Leah!
    Oh, I love I <3 Organizing too! So many great ideas over there and I (puffy heart) love her planners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your blog through the link-up. Welcome to the blogging world. You will love it! Can't wait to read more :)

    Abby
    Schoolhouse Talk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do love it so far and I am grateful for comments. What a feeling!

      Delete
  5. Welcome to the blogging world!! We're glad you're here. It's such a great community! Anyway, I'm also on an organizational and meal planning kick recently. Looking forward to hearing about any tips you have!

    Carissa
    Home Sweet Speech Room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am learning so much about this community, it's grand! I get all my organizing tips from Iheartorganizing, really she's incredible. I hope to use some ideas in my speech room this year. I want to, of course, create labels for all my stuff!

      Delete
  6. Welcome to the blogging world! You'll have fun and learn a lot! I started in November 2012 and I LOVE it! YouTube and Google are both great for when you're not sure how to do something blogging related!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I know I have read posts on your site before. I really appreciate the confidence boosters I am receiving. There is so much to learn and I am amazed at how much others have done to make their sites amazing. Congrats to you!

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you kidding? Love the 80s music! My husband teaches high school and when we have chaperoned Prom, guess what music was most popular? 80s! Big fan of Bon Jovi - how does JBJ get better looking every year?

    Great to see all of you as you help us along! 1spark is a newbie which makes me an apprentice newbie because I am learning all of this from her! Can't wait to check out everyone's blogs too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on starting your blog! The 5dinners1hour sounds fabulous!

    Kelly
    Speech2u

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! I love blogging so far and 5dinners1hour too. I am digging into Cilantro lime steak and sweet potatoes right now!

      Delete
  10. Congrats on the blog! I am new to the SLP blogging world and am still learning as I go. I need to figure out this linky thing! I keep seeing "linky parties" and I have no idea how to "link up" haha! I didn't even know that YouTube has how-to videos for blogging! I need to watch those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the name! I just checked out your blog. Totally fun therapy activities and they are all free on TpT. Thank you! You are too creative and generous. Yes, I love blogging, not sure how much time I will have once the year starts up, but fun so far! My first link up was guided by Laura over at AllYallNeed, she gave a how to right there in her post. Fabulous for a newbie. And, I must admit I google everything. You'd be surprised what comes up when you ask it a question, it's like a magic 8 ball. Thanks for following. You are our first follower! I think you just gave me an idea for a new post. Hope it's alright if I link back to your blog about our first follower!

      Delete

Back to Top