A tribute to our veterans in speech!

Here is my lesson planning inspiration for the week.

My husband very recently finished his second Marine Corps Marathon in Washington D.C. at 3 hours, 7 minutes, and some change.


While there, he also spent time with his brother and Marine Corps veteran father exploring our great capital.
Finally, thinking about my 94 year old Navy veteran grandfather.

I believe that's a lot of inspiration!  And with Veteran's Day just around the corner, I decided to plan some honorary activities.

First off, a few freebies I found while searching.

For starters, this FREE flag and FREE patriotic star coloring page are perfect for writing target articulation or vocabulary words for home practice.

For those students working on carryover of articulation in reading, you can find a Veteran's Day reading passage HERE.

This is super awesome, a script for interviewing a member of the service.  Wouldn't this be great if you were able to have students conduct this interview.  So many communication skills to target.

Here is a PowerPoint on Veteran's Day perfect for listening comprehension and retell.

Jenna does it again, a FREEBIE to work on synonyms.

Maybe even a craftivity in the works.  Check out this flag quilt.  We may be adding some articulation words or just earning squares for each production!



Now for my contribution, in honor of Veteran's Day, I created this mini speech and language unit.  You can grab it for FREE in my TpT store.  Here is a quick peak at the contents.  All vocabulary is Veteran's Day themed and includes:

15 regular nouns
15 multiple meaning words
15 regular verbs
A pronoun mat for practice with he, she, they, him, her, them, his, hers, their
An open-ended articulation sheet











I sure hope you can use this.  Are you planning anything special for Veteran's Day?



No comments

Back to Top