'Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving

The children in 'Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving by Dav Pilkey show a great deal of compassion when they "save" the turkeys. What a great book for this thankful holiday.  I have been reading this book to my own kids and have always thought it would be a great book to work on many speech and language skills within my therapy sessions. 


{via}

I created a speech and language companion to target the following skills.

Following temporal directions (12 before/12 after cards)

Multiple meaning words with vocabulary from the story (17 cards)

‘WH’ story comprehension questions (17 cards)

Rhyming pairs from the story (21 connected cards)

Character cards for describing, retelling and sentence creation (4 cards)


Regular verbs from the story with “yesterday, today, and tomorrow” mat for each verb (29 verbs)


Irregular verbs from the story with “yesterday, today, and tomorrow” mat for each verb (14 verbs)


Articulation word list /sh, ch/ with 19 words from the story
Articulation word list /k, g/ with over 40 words from the story


Open Ended Turkey Talk Gameboard


Open Ended Let’s Talk Turkey Coloring


Story Sequencing 3, 4, 5 part templates for writing or drawing sequence


Give Thanks for Good Speech Open Ended Articulation Worksheet


You can find 'Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving Speech and Language Book Companion in my TpT store.  I just added a PREVIEW which you can download the rhyming pairs, 3 part sequencing page, and a "Give Thanks for Good Speech" open ended articulation page for FREE.  I am truly thankful for each and every TpT buyer that has purchased this companion pack.  From gracious me to generous you, Happy Thanksgiving!






I am not affiliated with this book. 'Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving is required to utilize this product.

3 comments

  1. Oh, hi, 1sparkle. I am loving your blog, you are doing great. I may need some tips, I may have been doing mine for awhile, but I still get lost. I have been reading your posts. I want to label things now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello friend! Thanks so much! I am super impressed with your blog and how long you have kept it going! Yes, seriously so much to learn about this blogging. I add labels through the post settings on the right side when I am composing a post. I'm determined to figure out much more about the logistics (like my button in progress for months), but that is for next summer!

      Delete
  2. Maybe we can compare notes on some of the tech parts of this blogging thing! Next computer date at panera. You may be able to explain some stuff to me being the techie you are, versus me the non techie. Feel free to read my randomness on mine, although I am random at posting. Hoping to do a WnD recap soon though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top