Holiday Love It & List It

I love this time of year!  The hustle and bustle of the holiday season, while exhausting at times, is so magical in many ways.  Luckily I'm done with my shopping and wrapping, so there is time left for blogging!

Jenna at Speech Room News is hosting her monthly Love It & List It linky.  The topic is holiday materials.  We have been busy with this theme since the 1st of December.  Here are a few highlights.


Gingerbread yummies filled the speech room first.  This unit, that started as a mini unit, quickly evolved into a full range of activities that fit most of my groups at the elementary level.


We even carried the gingerbread theme over into a social skills activity.  These groups have really embraced these craftivities.

                                     

Right before break, we enjoyed some Christmas tongue twisters.  I ended up using these for many of my groups, not just for articulation.  My fluency students practiced sliding on /s/, vocabulary students picked out vocabulary to define, and we also talked about verb tensing.  This is a freebie in my TpT store.

                                     

Stinky Face was back in a Christmas version!  We used my book companion for Merry Christmas Stinky Face by Lisa McCourt.  I already added a few updates.


Finally, we took some group shots in the life skills and job training program classes after requesting props.  Some Christmas interview questions {lower and higher level}, courtesy of SLP for me, rounded out our last session before break!



I so enjoying the materials and activities at Jenna's linky!  Any other ideas you have for the holidays?



4 comments

  1. Those props are awesome! How fun! Thanks for linking up!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for hosting! We did have fun with the props, a definite keeper for next year!

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of that book! I'm going to have to check it out for next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The original Stinky Face is cute too!

      Delete

Back to Top