Logical Speech!

My son has been teaching me how to play Chess.  Let's just say, I am a S.L.O.W. learner.  Did I mention patience was not a virtue of mine?!  But, it started me thinking about adding some logic games into my speech room to spark some interest and work across the curriculum {win, win}!  So, I created some 4 in a Row Articulation boards and tried them out with my students last week.  We practiced word and sentence level and the motivation to get to the next turn was impressive.  A little tallying told me we reached about 20 trials per game {because they had to say the word and the sentence with the word each time} and we played at least 3 games per session.  Each student had to play against me once, so that I could collect data {and try not to lose at the same time}.  Now I have visions of 4 in a Row Grammar and Vocabulary!  For now, I'm excited to share 4 in a Row Articulation with all of you!






















Check out my TpT store for {FREEBIE} 4 in a Row Articulation boards that include one board for each /sh, ch, j/ sounds, /l, r, s/ sounds, and /k, g, f/ sounds in both the initial and final positions of words.  I also included a blank board too.  These boards worked great for readers from 2nd-5th grade.









I'm on the hunt to hack some chess/checkers board games too!  Let me know if you think your students would enjoy these logical speech activities!



2 comments

  1. Is this played like tic tac toe? I couldn't find insturctions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is played like Connect 4. We pretended we were sliding the "checkers" down into the slots, so we had to have the bottom filled first, connecting 4 either across, down, or diagonally. You could also just add marks anywhere and get 4 in a row. Hope that helps!

      Delete

Back to Top