Week in Review: Snapshots of Spring Break!

Well this past week was full of spring break talk in my speech room.  Thanks to this freebie Snapshots of Spring Break on TpT, my students engaged in extended verbal responses, sequencing of events, completion of sentence starters, answering 'wh' questions, and of course practice with fluency and articulation.


We talked a lot about Earth Day and Arbor Day and used my TpT freebie Earth Day Questions and Jokes.  Groups that were working on articulation, fluency or multiple meanings just read jokes.  Questions and jokes were also used during social skills groups for conversation topics.  With most other groups, jokes were used as reinforcement after target skill practice!



We also used Trash and Fun for iPad reinforcement.



My 2nd graders had these really cool beaded Earth Day bracelets they made, so I had them describe each bead by telling what it meant, choosing either color, label, or description that had one of their targets sounds!  Green:  Plants, Blue:  Water, White:  Air, Yellow:  Sun, Clear:  People, and Red:  Soil {although my notes may not be completely clear}



That was my week in therapy!  Here's to another filled with SPeaking About Remarkable Kids Learning Language Everyday!




4 comments

  1. Great ideas! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting! It's keeping me organized!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the snapshots of spring break idea! I will have to do that at the beginning of next school year for "Snapshots of Summer Break!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a grand idea! I will have to see if that seller added one for summer. I know I used her Winter Break template.

      Delete

Back to Top