Is it too early to start planning for the 2014-15 school year?

The answer should be yes; however marching to the beat of my own drum is usually what I do.  School just ended for me 2 weeks ago and by golly I have already logged plenty of hours getting ready for next school year.  MADNESS I tell you!  But, there is a good reason for my motivation...I'm getting graduate college credit.  Yep, you heard read me right, graduate college credit for doing what teachers and school SLPs do every summer, get organized!  So, in order to ensure I have my evidence for credit I've been cranking out my planner for 2014-15, along with updating many spreadsheets that I use to keep all the workload details organized.

I've added my SLP planner dividers and calendar to TpT.  In case you prefer a calendar like I do, one with half of the calendar on the left and the other half on the right with large boxes for writing, you may want to check out my TpT store and find it here.  I decided to go with some color in the divider pages and black and white only for the calendar pages.


The planner includes:
oDividers for Calendar, Schedule, Workload, Caseload, Meetings & Memos, To Do Lists, Lesson Plans, & one blank divider page.  These pages are in color and are the only pages with color. 
oAugust 2014-June 2015 calendar pages, set up with half of the calendar on the left side and the other half on the right side with large squares for each day.  There is also a notes area on the far left side of each month’s calendar.  In setting up the calendar, print on cardstock and back to back (if preferred), starting with the right side of August (Wednesday-Saturday) with the left side of September (Sunday-Tuesday) to its back and so on.  Punch holes on the right of the left page and on the left of the right pages.  Calendar pages are in black and white only.
oA Blank To Do List and 2 full page quotes for fun are also included!














On each calendar page {August shown above} are my 2 favorite quotes.  These have been hanging in my speech room since I started practicing.

Be a mover and a shaker not a whiner and complainer!

Blessed are those who are flexible for they shall not break!

Whether you decide to bind the planner or just insert it into a 3-ring binder, I've also added quite of few of my spreadsheets for logging and listing all the workload responsibilities.  This Google Docs file, once downloaded, will open in Microsoft Excel for your enjoyment!  You can keep the files as is and print for handwriting information or work in Excel to add your information or customize as you see fit.  You will just have to set up the pages, with margins and adjustments, as you see fit before printing.  I "fit to" when printing my schedule on one page for sure.

I apologize that the JPEGs are totally not doing any favors for my eyes or your viewing pleasure right now.  A quick download from Google Drive would totally be the way to go and see if any of these forms may be helpful to you.

Caseload list with date columns for keeping track of compliance paperwork.

Kindergarten screening results log.

Screening log for referrals.

Evaluation log.

Weekly schedule.

Daily schedule.
Here's to hoping you enjoy summer a bit more before diving into your organization for next year, but when you do, don't forget to stop by again!


No comments

Back to Top