Stickers in Speech

I purchased this pack of Melissa & Doug Stickers a while back thinking I could use these in speech therapy or even at home with my darlings.



Aside from using them for expressive and receptive vocabulary naming and describing, I lifted a couple ideas from others.  Luckily, I have been blessed with some amazingly talented, intelligent, and creative student teachers, one of which used sticky foamies to create a following direction baseline activity.  Foamies were placed in rows and each row allowed for concept and following direction practice.  I just loved it and had to re create!  Here is a peak at what I have so far.



I may create lists of directions for concepts in which I am working or I may just spontaneously create them during therapy on the fly.  When my student teacher brought her foamie boards into therapy last semester, I observed all the students totally wanting to have a turn with a challenging direction.  So, following directions as a target skill can also be used as a reinforcement activity within your group session!  BINGO!

The next idea comes from my super mom!  My youngest enjoys putting stickers everywhere {I may have some stuck to my leg right now} and so my mom turned it into a language building activity.  Sticker Story Telling!  This animal theme story even kept the attention of a 3 year old.


I can't wait to use this in my therapy room with my Story Grammar Marker by MindWing Concepts, Inc.  Narrative skills here we come!

{via}
So, go out and grab some stickers and have fun with a little language development!


No comments

Back to Top