Pirates down...next up Princesses!

I feel like I am off to a slow start this year as I try to get to know all the students at my new school.  I guess I took for granted how easy it was to pull therapy materials and target objectives individually for all my students I knew so well.  They walked into my room and I knew exactly the target skill we were to practice, what level to address, and what supports were required.  Now, I am lucky to remember each student's name.  This is definitely not a complaint, I am truly grateful to be in my new school and I am up for the challenge.  Other than this minor bump {okay and struggles with push-in, but that's a whole other topic}, I am so incredibly pleased at how smooth the transition has been.

As I work to get into a therapy grove, last week I finished some pirate fun and yes, I tried to show my piratitude as often as possible!  As many of you know, Talk Like a Pirate Day was on September 19th!  All week long we spent time with thematic materials, including my Pirates Go to School Speech and Language Print and Go Book Companion, Pirate Says Following Directions, and Pirate Booty: Synonyms and Multiple Meaning Words.  Thanks to so many TPT stalkers like myself, these materials are some of my best sellers!  It's not too late to bring out your piratitude if you haven't already.

For the coming week {or more}, I am switching my focus to princesses.  Since I joined Facebook {and still don't know how to use it}, I was able to grab goodies from the SLP Frenzy, featuring freebie materials using The Frog Prince by Brothers Grimm and The Frog Prince Continued by John Scieszka.  The StoryChimes app has a FREE version of The Frog Prince as does the Speakaboos Stories app.  Although I LOVE reading the books to my students, this week I will be using the app presentation {with the actual storybook close by} in order to help me accomplish the goal of having a moment to review my now detailed lesson plans so I am sure to target each student's individual objective once the story is complete.  I did score a copy of John Scieszka's book at my local Half Price Books, so I am set for my 4th and 5th graders.  Did you know that all the time I have spent in 4th grade reading attempting my best push-in services taught me that the genre of fairy tales is being tested this week, BINGO!

Should you wish to bring princesses into your therapy this week, I just realized I must be very fond of this topic, for I have a few products in my TPT store.  You can grab Prince and Princess Pronouns targeting subjective, objective, and possessive pronouns.



Castle Comparisons is a relational vocabulary activity.



I have created my very first Mystery Box Speech product starting off with a castle theme.  I am so excited to try this out in my speech room.  I'll be sure to blog about it after I craft up my mystery box.



Here also is my Royal Speech Open Ended Articulation worksheet FREEBIE.


Whatever your plans for the week, I hope your students are honored to be in your royal presence!


4 comments

  1. Sounds like you have a busy week coming up! Thank you so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pleasure was all mine! I hope to be a regular, so hold me to it!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful ideas and products! I love reading about what you do and how you do it! So much talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely know how to continue to make someone's day! I am a lucky girl! Thanks Annie!

      Delete

Back to Top