Summer Bucket List

I see the summer quickly slipping away.  It is almost the 4th of July and from there, well I don't even want to think about it being over yet.  There are so many things I still want to do.  Likely too many. My lists seem to never end, so my summer bucket list is no different.  The list has several categories, parenting, reading, organizing, speeching, with crafting and relaxing thrown in there too...  I'd better get writing.



My Parenting List
With a 10 year old, 6 year old, and 4 year old at home, my full-time job has switched from school-based SLP to stay at home summer fun mom!  Best job ever!  Once I set a little Positive Behavior Support into place with our Summer S-Cool Cash system, it was bring on the activities.  Daily chores and smart work are completed each week day, but there is also time for swimming, baseball, karate, mini munchkin camp, the skatepark, bike rides, play dates, crafting, and games.  Our weekends are reserved for the beach, boating, campfires, and outdoor movies.





My Reading List
Besides an abundance of children's books and blog posts, I cannot remember the last time I read an adult fiction book.  So, my list begins with some summer reads; however, because I have so many other offshoots on my list, I've decided to listen to books in order to multitask.  Last week I finished In the Unlikely Event by Judy Blume, which relates the changing of lives by unexpected events based on actual history in a small town during the early 1950s.  I was hooked on her ability to create characters; however at times it made me sad.  Next, I checked off The Help by Kathryn Sockett.  It was 1962 in Mississippi, telling a story of three women who start a risky movement and change a town.  This story is all about crossing the lines which ultimately results in hope and positive change.  My earbuds literally bruised my ear as they did not come out for hours on end.  I wanted more when it was over.  I just rented the movie too!  I've just started Vacationers by Emma Straub.  So far, I'm waiting to see on this one, which depicts the story of a family vacation that shows what we as individuals choose to keep secret in contrast to what we share.  Until I score the audiobook for this next one, Royal Wedding by Meg Cabot, I may have to relax and actually read this story where the Princess Diaries left off, following Princess Mia and her Prince Charming as they plan their royal wedding.



My Organizing List
Since I chose audiobooks, I can pair my organizing addiction to coincide with my listening.  I've already rearranged both kid bedrooms in my house while also sorting through and organizing contents.  I've added some decorative file folders to our basement office area and have started to label plain file folders with a splash of washi-tape for our large family filing cabinet.  Why?  I have no idea, as no one ever sees the cuteness I'm adding.  I've continued to stock up on wrapping paper and clear contact paper so I can cover surfaces.  Earlier this year I covered the desks in my daughters' room, last weekend I covered the bottoms of some end tables, yesterday I covered my son's desk, and I have plans to add more grey/white patterns to my bathroom closet shelves.  My bedroom needs a makeover that begins with removing the safari wallpaper border.  That just does not sound as exiting to me, so I just keep staring at it.






My Speeching List
There is an internal battle going on about this list.  I must keep it short, summer will be over before I know it, but I have so many things I want to accomplish.  So, I'm prioritizing.  I wanted to update my back to school materials, including my Back to Speech and SLP Planner products as well as create speech room decor to go with our new school-wide theme, Hollywood!  Those items are all checked off.  Be looking for some giveaways in the coming weeks!  I want to bundle my monthly themed packs {have already designed the covers}, but that means I have to actually finish February.  Using books in therapy has been my absolute favorite obsession over this past school year, so I'm hooked on another author that I cannot wait to share with you!  There will also be a few entries scheduled on this little old blog.  Oh, and I almost forgot, I uploaded several FREEBIE workload forms.  You can check out the lesson plan/data forms and search most recent under free in my store for the others.




Well, times a wasting to check items off the list.  To sleep or not to sleep, is the question at this late hour.  What is on your summer bucket list?


1 comment

  1. The Help was such a good book/movie! The Judy Blume book looks good, but I haven't read it yet. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top