SLP Organization | Sticky Notes & Paper Clips

My ability to organize anything these days is hindered by the constant chaos going on around me. No complaints. My life is full! I just must work harder to use simplified systems that work and stick with them. There is no time to reinvent the organization, even though my less chaotic self enjoyed creating new organization systems.


Today, I'm sharing how I've used sticky notes and paper clips to help organize my speech materials.

Snapshots of Winter Break can be found here courtesy of Aimee VanMiddlesworth.

After copying worksheets, I place the paper clip on the long side of the page rather than the short side. This works for me because the worksheets can easily be placed in file folders to store in a cabinet or bin allowing me to tell where one set ends and another begins without pulling out the whole file. When I see the long side paperclip, I also know it is not an original, so I can use it even it is the last one!

Articulation Sort can be found here, which is part of my Articulation Picture Cards.

I use sticky notes to indicate an original and I attach the paper clip, if there is a set, to the short side. This reminds me not to use the original when I'm rushing around. Often I will also use the sticky note to write the number of copies needed and/or the date/year used in case I don't want to use the worksheet two years in a row.

What are your simplified SLP organization systems that help you overcome the chaos?

Back to Top