SLP Organization | The Clipboard


I'm not sure I know an SLP without a clipboard. I don't leave my home or therapy room without mine. For the past, almost 20 years, my SLP clipboard has always kept the same very important documents. 

#1 The school master schedule: This prized possession lives on my clipboard from day one through the end of each school year. I reference it all the time when trying to track down students and make scheduling tweaks.

#2 My therapy schedule:  In my early years, the schedule was stuck to the back for easy reference. Once I started using my schedule to take attendance (to simplify that system) I began copying one weekly. Since no SLP ever has kept the same schedule all year, I now update my schedule weekly, using Google Sheets, and print a new copy each Friday for the next week. I slap that schedule right on my clipboard.

#3 My weekly planning checklist: Early on, the "checklist" was a yellow legal pad with a continuous to-do list. The "checklist" is now a very detailed electronically fillable form with spaces for every SLP workload task. Since I went completely digital with my calendar last year, I felt lost without my planner. Now, each Friday I check my digital calendar and fill-in my weekly planning checklist. It then gets attached to my clipboard. (My fillable checklist is included in my SLP Planner product.)

Along with my weekly therapy schedules, I keep the planning checklists attached for the quarter and then I staple the entire lot together and file it away. Each quarter, I have a lighter load on my clipboard! 

I know you have an SLP clipboard. What must you carry around on yours?

Back to Top