Talk Like a Pirate Day!

This post has been updated (9/11/2016)* and I'm linking it up with Sweet Southern Speech who seriously is as sweet as they come! 



Arrrrgghhhh!  Pirate week is upon us and likely if you are a school-based SLP you already know! Just in case you have been under a rock recently, Gold Country SLP has a linky party you won't want to miss.  #slpeeps are linking up pirate-themed therapy materials, so the planning is just a few clicks and downloads away (and maybe a bit of cash or some credits from TPT).



I'll be digging in my costume bin for some garb to wear on the 19th, but until then, here is what I have planned.


I snagged this find at Goodwill over the summer.  My students are going to flip!  I'll be pairing this reinforcement game with some of my products.

Pirate Says Following Directions
*My students working on following directions, recalling details and articulation carryover will enjoy a little Pirate Says this week.



Pirates Go to School Book Companion
*While I am not choosing to read Pirates Go to School this year, as I like to rotate my books, I will be using the "X Marks the Spot" reinforcement activity included.



*I will be reading Pirates Love Underpants by Claire Freedman and Ben Cort and using my Interactive Notebook Companions for Picture Books packet this story. Interactive notebook activities for this book include include an open-ended articulation pirate-themed page, following directions with temporal concepts, synonyms, story grammar, and pronouns.

                                     

Pirates and Pronouns
*My students working on pronouns as well as has/have in sentences will use these cards.



This is definitely an old creation in need of a serious update aesthetically; however, I have since lost the original, so when the mood strikes me, I may just re-do the whole thing.
Pirate Booty Synonyms and Multiple Meaning Words



And finally this FREEBIE for articulation homework, which also had a minor makeover*.



My pirate themed products will be 20% off until the 19th!*

Head back over to this linky or this new linky to check out more pirate themed materials!








11 comments

  1. Pirates & Pronouns look awesome. I love your work!
    Karen (The Pedi Speechie)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so much! I always have so many kids working on pronouns. I can never have enough!!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your articulation freebie! I have not heard of "A Pirate's Night Before Christmas," but I saw it in your store as well and I think I NEED it for my speech room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freebies are always a bonus!!:) I totally forgot about "A Pirate's Night Before Christmas." Yes, it is a keeper. I don't even think I finished it in time last year to use it. I'm going to make it 20% off too, in case any early planners are looking!

      Delete
  3. I want one of those Pop Up Pirate Games! It looks like so much fun! My kiddos would love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a must have! I was a bit worried to use it as it has swords, but I called them "tools" for pushing into the barrel and I hope that was good enough!

      Delete
  4. I'm getting most of them!! AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess if you had to make purchases, at least you were frugal! Thanks sooooo very much! Your name always makes me smile. This is a very busy month in my TPT store. I can't believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I switch out books from year to year, too, although there are some books the kids ask for every year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pop-up pirate is a favorite in my therapy room!There are some wonderful activities here, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top