Speech and Language Lesson Plans for September

I believe September may just be on of my favorite months of the year. The weather is usually oh so nice and getting back into the school routine is a good feeling. There are so many fun themes to use during the month of September for therapy. I've chosen the every so popular pirate theme, arghhhh! and football!

I'm joining Speech is Sweet again for a Slice of Speech Monthly Lesson Plans for Speech Therapy. Remember, I do weekly plans that may last for two weeks, so I'm doing my best to give you a month's worth of lesson plans or at least ideas!



I use a form that is contained within my SLP Planner workload forms and usually write down activities that fall into each speech and language area. When I write out my individual plans, I quickly glance at the notes on the weekly plan.  I decided to attempt a visual set and again plan loosely for activities and ideas to address individual goals. This month I am not posting my visual set as it is wayyy too distracting. I tend to over plan for sure. #slpproblems

I am working on a pirate theme for the next two weeks, so checking out this post will give you all my plans and those of many SLPs as it links to 2 linky parties and my newest freebie if you like using books in therapy!  Arrrgh!


My Monthly Speech and Language September is Back to Speech and Language packet will be my quick drill therapy this month. This product contains cards and activities for just about every student on my caseload. While it takes some time to prep, it can be used over and over again for skill and drill therapy.


A football theme will round out the last weeks of September and I'm just not ahead of the game yet:)! If I get there, I will be sure to update.

Make sure to head back over to the link up to get even more ideas about lessons to use in September!



Back to Top