Wild About Books Wednesday Linky!

I've been pumping the literacy into my speech room this year and as any SLP would, I am always second guessing self-reflecting on the effectiveness of my therapy choices.  One special little 1st grader was so excited to see me after break, especially because he was thrilled to tell me about his Christmas gift.  Luckily my therapy plans included time to discuss winter break happenings using this TPT freebie.  We were nearing the end of our session and I suggested that we might have time for another activity.  He squealed in delight about the possibility of me reading them another story!  Did he just say the perfect line to this SLP or what?!  He absolutely did not ask to play a game {and if you are an SLP, you totally know we do more than play games}.  I assured him there would be more stories to come.  And that my friends solidifies my quest to continue with books and therapy companion activities.



So, in linking up with Scarlett for Wild About Books Wednesday, I bring to you another in the old lady series, There Was a Cold Lady Who Swallowed Some Snow by Lucille Colandro.  Although I am not affiliated with this book, I truly adore her series.  So, I've scoured TPT to bring you a collection of freebies that may just be what your lesson plans ordered!

Emergent Reader Freebie

Following Directions Freebie

Snow Experiments Freebie

Snow Day Quick Drill Freebie

Snow Senses Describing Activity Freebie

Snowy Speech Articulation Freebie

Snow Day Language Fun Freebie

Roll a Snowman Reinforcement Freebie

If this isn't enough for your needs, I have also created a book companion.  I love creating and using these companions in therapy.  Clearly, at least one little guy agrees!  Whether you purchase my companion, one of the many others created by SLPs, or just plan to read the book within your speech room, this is a great text to target retelling of events, regular verbs, and of course describing a snowman!



Don't forget to check out the other book recommendations over at Speech is Sweet!  If you'd like to win a copy of my book companion, just comment below and I'll let random number generator choose one winner!



Back to Top